Sometimes A Finance Controller wonder where from this document originated?. This happens with the cost variance journals that posts to GL automatically. Here is the list of transaction reference prefixes for these journals. Please note that the credits to this information goes to Tristan Thor from Microsoft who has provided this in response to a forum question on Dynamics GP Forum.
1. BOM – assembly transaction
2. INV – invoice from the Invoicing module
3. IVT – inventory transfer
4. IVA – inventory adjustment
5. IVV – inventory variance
6. SALES – sales invoice from Sales Order Processing
7. PRTN – purchase return
8. MCTE – for a transaction that originated in Manufacturing Component Transaction Entry
9. MRCT – manufacturing receipt
10. MCLS – manufacturing close, including regular close and Quick MO
11. STCK – stock count variance
12. FSSC – field service Service Call
13. FSRMA – field service RMA
14. FSRTV – field service RTV
15. FSWO – field service Work Order
16. PA – project accounting
17. POP – close a PO line in Edit PO Status
18. RECON – created by Inventory Reconcile
19. CONV - created by an upgrade conversion
20. MCTERCT - If the items were issued in the Component Transaction Entry window and then the invoice is completed the adjustment will have a prefix of MCTERCT
21. MRCTRCV - If the items were issued in Mo Receipt Entry (they are "back flushed") and then the invoice is complete the adjustment will have a prefix of MRCTRCV.
22. MCLSRCV - If the items were issued in the MO Close process (the MO was partially received and more "back flushed" items were issued during the close) and then the invoice is completed the adjustment will have a prefix of MCLSRCV.