Reset Workflows in Dynamics GP

Recently while I was testing the workflows for Dynamics GP, I have had to uninstall the Workflows. Prior to uninstalling the workflows, it is always recommended to deactivate the active workflows. I forgot I was having GL Entry batch approval workflow active while doing this uninstall operation. The result was whenever I login to GP and try to open the General entry or GL batch entry window, I get a message saying Dynamics GP encountered an error and needs to close. Then it crashes immediately. I observed the GL batch entry window continue to show Workflow layer on top of it. In order to overcome this issue, I followed this troubleshooting method as below

1. Tried deactivating the workflows by going to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Workflow Setup. I could not unmark the Activate Workflow option there.

2. I went to SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and ran a statement on my company database SY00500 table to see the active batches for which workflow shows to be activated. I ran the following statement to update the active workflow batches to remove the reference of workflows from those batches

UPDATE SY00500 SET WORKFLOWPRIORITY = 0 WHERE BACHNUMB = “TEST”

3. Then went to DYNAMICS database, Ran the following statement

UPDATE SY01500 SET WORKFLOWENABLED = 0 WHERE CMPANYID = “ YOUR COMPANY ID”

Now Try logged in Dynamics GP and checked if the same error as reported originally above is recurring. It is perfect this time.

Popular posts from this blog

Partner Point: A proactive approach MUST

Dynamics GP Fixed Assets GL Posting Batch Missing After Depreciation Run